Sports Massage is a technique used to assist the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of the body’s soft tissues which include muscles, ligaments and tendons. Both our therapists at Physio Effect are experienced in the use of sports massage techniques and Danny has been awarded a full Diploma in Sports Massage from the Scottish School of Professional Massage (SSPM).
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Improve circulation & lymphatic flow
- Increased removal of exercise waste products
- Increase joint range of movement
- Improved muscle length / flexibility
- Increased sense of well being
- Improved recovery times between exercise
- Reduced Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Reduced risk of injury
- Reduced anxiety and improved mental
- preparation for sports participation
Is Sports Massage Appropriate for me?
Sports massage is a great way to assist athletes and sports people to stay in peak physical condition but you do not have to be athletic or involved in sport to reap the rewards. The benefits listed above can help relieve the day to day stresses, strains, postural and overuse problems that anyone can experience. At Physio Effect we use sports massage frequently in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions. We will always base all treatments on your individual assessment and work with you to choose the best possible treatment method based on clinical evidence. If you have a question specific to sports massage or any other service please do not hesitate to ask.
When Should I have Sports Massage?
Sports massage can be used effectively at just about any stage of competition or training or simply as a way to relive life’s everyday stresses. The specific techniques used can be modified to suit the various stages of sports participation. For example:
- The Conditioning / Training Phase
- Pre, Inter or Post Competition
- Post Travel
- Injury Prevention
- Injury Recovery